General Service Technician
General Service Technician
Bo's Auto and Truck Repair has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Holbrook, NY.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Bo's Auto and Truck Repair's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Honest, dependable & reliable.
George Mack, 11/05/2021
Great place nice people.
Richard Clarke, 10/21/2021
I brought my Kia into Bo's for a brake job some months after being told by my now "former" mechanic that you MUST change the rotors even if they look fine whenever changing the brake pads. The mandate came with scary scenarios like the brakes will squeal and you'll end up having to pay double when they fail etc... The owner at Bo's said that's not necessarily true especially if the rotors themselves look good. Sure enough they were fine and he gave me a modest bill for the just the pads! The car brakes beautifully and it's really nice to deal with an honest company that uses top name parts. Fast forward to this morning with multiple issues, windshield wipers loose and the pump wasn't working, the right directional was making a fast blinker sound, plus my right passenger door wouldn't open fully due to impact. Chris was the mechanic who fixed all three issues in literally 10 mins and charged me only twenty $20!!! I thought he was joking....but no just another top mechanic and honest broker at Bo's auto repair ? I plan to be moving further west on the LI but will bring anything major to these guys in the future, truly an extraordinary find. Drive slow as your GPS ("waze" works perfectly) shows you're close as their set back off the road a bit and it's easy to miss the driveway.
chuck g, 08/26/2021